We believe everyone has been given gifts to use, and none are more obvious than those displayed each week by the music team in particular. However, creative gifts can go beyond just what happens on stage on a Sunday. If you’d like to join the creative team, be sure to let us know.
We have a kind of interesting approach to our music selection for our Sunday services. Because our congregation is a very diverse group of people spanning several generations, our worship leaders select songs each week based on the old saying, “Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue”. This helps us to integrate both old and new styles of music into our worship services so that no matter what age you are, you won’t be disappointed.
Something old – We all know these songs. Many are Hymns written by the great names of church history… John & Charles Wesley and the likes. Others are songs that have stood the test of time and proclaim bible truths that will never change.
Something new – These are the new contemporary hits coming from the christian music culture of our time. We won’t just add any song to our rep though.. It needs to satisfy some simple criteria about theology & teachings, etc… as well as play-ability for our team. We are very careful to only select songs that reflect the truths of the Bible and align with our beliefs.
Something Borrowed – These can be songs from any of our categories.
Something Blue – These are the reflective worship songs that help us to focus our hearts on hearing from the Lord.
JOINING THE TEAM
If you play a musical instrument and would like to serve on the church music team, here is what you need to know:
- First we’d like to get to know you a little better, join us at our Thursday night rehearsals for a few weeks to get to know the rest of the team as well as our song list.
- Next, when you are comfortable in the team, we’ll add you to our roster… You can nominate how often you wish to be on it, however we would emphasise that making the commitment to the roster is a commitment to the team and you are responsible to find someone to cover you if you can’t make a particular day.
- Have fun and enjoy serving the Lord & his church with your musical gifts. Remember, we’re not here to perform like rock stars, but we should be here to give our best and strive for excellence in our music and our worship.
If you are a little more technically minded with an ear for music and would like to join the tech team, here is what you need to know:
- First we’d like to get to know you a little better, join us at our Thursday night rehearsals for a few weeks to get to know the rest of the team as well as familiarise yourself with our technical setup.
- Let us know where you’d like to serve; front of house audio, lighting, multimedia projection, PowerPoint producer, website editor, etc…
- You’ll then need to go through an induction of our systems. This is a simple one to one training session that helps you understand how we operate each week.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT JOINING THE TEAM CONTACT US HERE